Security systems are evolving rapidly to keep up with constantly evolving cybersecurity challenges and threats facing SMB’s. 63% of companies have nearly three or more security systems to allow access to their networks. Which leaves a lot open to risk! With 74% of U.S. companies using or planning to implement a permanent hybrid work model, it’s clear that the way people work has changed.
“One prediction for hybrid workers is the possibility of shifting demands around technology infrastructure. As employees increasingly choose to split their time between remote and in-house, the need for a centralized IT department with access to important data across multiple locations will require new systems infrastructure and protocols. Cybersecurity remains a primary concern since some team members log in using unsafe networks and their own devices. As a result, they are attempting to improve security by integrating secure logins such as multi-factor authentication.” HCM Technology Report
Therefore organizations of all sizes need to step up their cyber security and IT measures to allow for authorized access only. But how can your workplace protect your valuable network, IT infrastructure, and private data while still granting access to the right people? That’s where Security Service Edge (SSE) comes into play.
Companies of every industry are realizing they need to level up their processes and cyber security protocols to keep bad actors out. A recent study found that 65% of companies aim to adopt Security Service Edge (SSE) within the next two years. And 47% plan to begin SSE implementation with Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) deployment.
Not sure what all of this means or where to start? Computers Nationwide has got you covered. If you want to improve your company’s security posture in 2023, Security Service Edge (SSE) is the way to go. Continue reading to learn what SSE is and how it will benefit your organization!
What is Security Service Edge? Why is SSE Important?
Security Service Edge (SSE), also known as Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), is a network architecture that integrates security services into the cloud. It constitutes cloud-centric security capabilities that allow safe and secure access to websites, data, SaaS applications, and private information. SSE core capabilities include:
- Zero Trust Network
- Cloud Secure Web Gateway
- Cloud Access Security Broker
- Firewall as a Service
SSE is critical for today’s workplace because it offers a more holistic approach to security. This approach provides a secure and scalable network infrastructure that meets the needs of today’s distributed workforce.
With traditional security models, such as network security, organizations must rely on various products and services to provide complete protection. On the other hand, SSE integrates security services into the network, offering a unified approach to security.
By adopting SSE, organizations can simplify their security infrastructure, reduce complexity and cost, and enhance the security of their network. Additionally, SSE offers a more flexible and scalable approach to security, which is particularly important as organizations increasingly adopt cloud-based technologies and embrace remote work.
How Can Security Service Edge (SSE) Protect Businesses from Cyber Threats?
Experts predict that cybercrime costs will reach $10.5 trillion by 2025. These will grow by 15% every year from 2020-2025. 43% of cyberattack victims are smaller businesses, and only 14% of dais businesses can defend themselves against attack. The repercussions of security and data breaches can be far-reaching and expensive, especially for small businesses. Security Service Edge (SSE) can also provide a comprehensive and integrated approach to security, which can help protect businesses from a wide range of cyber threats. Here are some ways in which SSE can help protect businesses from hackers:
- Unified security services: SSE integrates multiple security services, such as a firewall, secure web gateway, intrusion prevention, and data loss prevention, into a single, cloud-based platform. It makes it easier for businesses to manage and coordinate their security defenses and helps to ensure all areas of the network are protected.
- Real-time threat detection: SSE can provide real-time detection of security threats through continuous network monitoring, helping businesses identify and respond to threats more quickly, reducing the risk of a successful attack.
- Enhanced visibility and control: SSE offers businesses greater visibility into their network activity, allowing them to identify potential vulnerabilities and respond to threats more effectively. It can also enable having greater control over network access and usage, which helps prevent unauthorized access and misuse of company resources.
- Cloud-based security: SSE offers access to security services delivered through the cloud, which can help protect businesses from threats that originate from cloud-based applications and services.
- Scalable security: SSE can help businesses scale their security defenses to meet evolving needs. It is particularly strategic as companies grow and adopt new technologies, as it can help ensure that their security defenses remain effective against emerging threats from new technologies.
Benefits of Implementing Security Service Edge (SSE)
The adoption of SSE platforms renders several advantages to businesses:
- Improved security: SSE provides a comprehensive and integrated approach to security, which can help protect organizations from cybercrime. By integrating multiple security services, SSE can help organizations respond to threats more quickly and effectively, reducing the risk of a successful attack.
- Greater agility and flexibility: SSE is scalable and flexible, which can help organizations adapt to changing business needs. It is helpful as organizations increasingly adopt cloud-based technologies and embrace remote work, as SSE can provide a more flexible and scalable approach to security.
- Simplified management: SSE can help organizations simplify their security infrastructure by consolidating security services into a single, cloud-based platform. It can reduce complexity and cost and make it easier to manage security services across the organization.
- Improved performance: By distributing security services across multiple locations, SSE can help improve network performance and reduce latency. It can also ensure that business operations experience no disruption from security services.
- Enhanced visibility and control: SSE provides greater visibility into network activity, allowing organizations to monitor and manage security threats more effectively. Additionally, SSE can offer greater control over network access and usage, helping to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of company resources.
- Reduced data and security breaches: SSE lowers the risk of security and data breaches across systems by securing endpoints and enforcing cloud security. Companies save up on costs and repercussions of information leaks and data breaches.
In addition to improving a company’s security, SSE helps compliance with various security standards, especially if your company is subject to regulations like HIPAA or PCI DSS.
Partner with Computers Nationwide for All Cyber Security Needs
As you grow your business, your cybersecurity and network requirements will naturally increase and require constant upgrading. Partnering with an end-to-end IT solutions provider can help your organization keep up evolving security needs so your business can operate smoothly and stay safe from cyber attacks! Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. CN is truly your one-stop-shop for all business technology and security needs.
55% of employees want to work remotely at least three days a week. Let’s make that happen – safely! Whether your staff works at the local coffee shop, at home, or in another country, strong cyber defenses are a must for every business! Partner with Computers Nationwide to keep your business secure and operations efficient no matter where your employees are working from.
The CN team keeps up with the most innovative cybersecurity approaches to protect clients like you with cutting-edge solutions. Investing in a proactive approach is the best method for business continuity and long-term success! Reach out to find out how we can help you patch any vulnerabilities and utilize the latest technology while your business grows.
Ready to implement Security Service Edge (SSE)? Not sure how to get started?
Choose Computers Nationwide as your trusted technology advisor and leave the rest to us!
Contact us today to get started: (847) 419-9900
Computers Nationwide is Committed to You!
Do you know your potential IT vulnerabilities? It’s in every organization’s best interest to work with an expert Managed IT Service provider to keep day-to-day operations running smoothly.
Request a FREE IT Risk Assessment
Do you know what your current Managed IT team is doing for you?
A detailed analysis of your current technology
An action plan to address operational deficiencies
A detailed budget plan and scope of work