As we know, The Digital Age has completely revolutionized the business world, but none more so than the influence of the internet. Today, it is almost unheard of any company without a website and business owners need to consistently up their game to compete successfully against rival companies. Your company’s website is the powerful first impression for your clients and partners. Before you take action steps into having your website as a new build, update or brand refresh, our experienced Computers Nationwide web specialists want to share some non-negotiable standards to guide you as you make that critical choice for web designer that will design a functional website for your business.
- High Performing Homepage – Speed is everything. Prompt loading times are key.
- Mobile Ready – Everyone uses smart devices on a daily basis. Consumer spend around 5 hours a day on their mobile devices. Designs need to be creative, engaging and extremely responsive.
- Enabled Tracking – Analytics matter…traffic, goals and conversions.
- Strong Security – SSL safety certificate, HTTPS, managed hosting and privacy protocols.
- SEO Optimization – Compelling content, SEO tags and elements, and XML sitemaps.
- Social Media – Integrate all relevant social media platforms within your design. Quick user access to social media pages from the website instantly broadens your business’s reach and dramatically increases visibility and traffic.
- Email Marketing – A site’s email capture forms should sync with the client’s email marketing system for seamless access and connection. Email marketing is cost-effective, measurable and checked all of the time.
- Optimized Conversion – Designated campaign landing pages will keep users moving through your site and direct them toward a “call to action” such as scheduling a consultation, request a product demonstration or buy products.
The trends for 2018 are pointed in the direction of simple, functional and futuristic designs. Implementing these (relatively painless) standards as a non-negotiable design baseline can have a significant impact on the way businesses connect with potential customers online for optimal ROI for each user’s engagement. Computers Nationwide has a team ready to help you thrive in this ever-changing landscape. Get started on your functional website today!