In today’s digital age, cyber security has become a top priority for businesses of all sizes and industries. With the increasing sophistication of cyber attacks, it’s become clear that traditional security measures are no longer sufficient. This is where artificial intelligence (AI) comes into play. AI has shown great promise in enhancing cyber security solutions by identifying and neutralizing threats in real-time.
In this blog, we will explore the role of AI in cyber security and how it is shaping the future of online security!
What is artificial intelligence (AI)? What’s machine learning (ML)?
AI or Artificial Intelligence is nothing like your average computer program. It’s a broad field of computer science that is ever-evolving and learning. With the simulation of thinking, AI can learn, improve, and solve problems it has never encountered. A simple computer or robotic machine can never manage that, as it does what it’s programmed to do. Compared to AI, ML is a subset of AI. It uses data and trained algorithms to perform complex tasks. AI is the concept, and machine learning is the method.
How do AI and ML work?
Machine learning and artificial intelligence mimic the human way of problem-solving. This software uses patterns, previous data, and past experiences to solve problems they have never encountered before. These machines need very little human intervention, thus eliminating human error by a significant rate.
Using data-defined patterns, AI and ML can complete any given task. With the help of ML and AI, companies can now delegate tasks that only humans did to software. These may include bookkeeping, customer care, security enhancement, and analyzing cyber security risks.
Using artificial intelligence for cyber security is a game changer. AI is ever improving, which means even if the hackers have found a new way to attack your enterprise, AI is a big possibility to get there first and alert the system before the attack occurs. Here’s more on how AI and Machine Learning can improve cyber resilience.
The uses of AI for business solutions like cyber security have been becoming increasingly popular the past few years. Here’s a brief overview on the current state of AI in the cyber space:
- AI-driven cybersecurity is the next big thing in the cybersecurity market. AI tools can bring home profits above $2.09 million per US company. AI may revolutionize cyber security, protect SMB data and systems from cyber attacks, increase cyber resilience, proactively detect threats and breaches and provide solutions for better-managed cyber security.
- There is a dark side to AI which can be alarming if companies don’t use AI and Machine Learning for their cyber security enhancement. It’s believed that 71% of hackers will use AI to conduct cyber attacks. This alarming number proves that big and small companies must upgrade their cybersecurity strategies as soon as possible!
- AI is a powerful tool when it comes to cyber security. Did you know 61% of enterprises believe they would have failed at recognizing cyber attacks without AI to prevent them?
- In 2022, more than 35% of US enterprises, both large and small, reported that they have been using AI in their cyber security department. More than 42% were looking to use AI by the end of 2023 since cyber threats continue to evolve.
- It’s expected that enterprises using AI for cyber security will increase to 50% by the end of 2023. And the revenue will go up to $38.2 billion by 2025.
- Lastly, many cyber-security professionals believe AI will become critical for performing security tasks proactively.
These stats are just enough to understand how AI and ML can improve cyber security for your business. Computers Nationwide understands how beneficial these cutting-edge tools are for SMBs.
Benefits of Applying AI/ML to Your Cyber Security Strategy
Are you ready to evolve and embrace the power of AI? Your company’s data is the livelihood of your business. It’s one of the most critical aspects that drive home profits. Here’s how AI can be used to improve your business’s cyber security.
1. AI Learns And Evolves
AI incorporates Machine Learning to analyze behaviors, patterns, and security incidents. It learns from past experiences and data. Moreover, it doesn’t lag; it takes immediate action when recognizing a threat or pattern change. AI’s constant learning and evolving traits make it a task for hackers to breach its security.
2. AI is Superior at Identifying Unknown Cyber Threats
AI increases cyber resilience; it even identifies threats and attacks it has never encountered. It is a leap because human intelligence can only fight with known attacks. Human intelligence must experience the attack and find a solution to counter unknown threats. In contrast, AI is highly proactive and can effectively identify unknown threats and prevent them from breaching the system.
3. AI Can Accumulate a Large Number Of Data
Did you know how much data a company’s network generates daily? It accumulates to a large number; such big numbers are hard to handle and a mammoth task to manually review and store. However, this isn’t much for AI. AI can scan and identify the threats hidden among the vast data and stop them before it reaches the system.
4. Accelerated Vulnerability Management
All small and large businesses face cyber threats daily; with AI’s ever-evolving trait, companies can manage their vulnerabilities more effectively. AI identifies threats and weak entry points; this is a known way of improving security measures.
5. Increases Overall Security
Hackers have a way of evolving just like AI, they may be a lot slower than AI, but they come up with newer and improved tactics to breach the security of your system. AI can not only detect such varied attacks but also can prevent them in time. It can even deal with multiple attacks simultaneously.
6. AI Doesn’t Get Bored
Human intelligence slacks when it encounters repetitive tasks. However, with AI, you can ensure the best cyber security as it never gets bored. Preventing security threats and applying monotonous security tasks doesn’t exhaust AI yawn, unlike human intelligence.
7. AI’s Attacking Speed is Ever Increasing
With every attack, AI learns to act swiftly. Applying AI to your cyber security will enable you to detect the threat and eliminate it in record time.
8. AI can Battle Bots
The use of Bots is increasing when it comes to cyber security. Companies need the same technology to fight the bots, and what better technology than AI? Bots are known to steal data, spread viruses and malware, and AI can successfully detect and battle bots, a task beyond human intelligence.
Wondering how your company will benefit from AI-powered cybersecurity tools?
- Increase cyber resilience and improve security posture.
- Detect and eliminate threats & data breaches in record time!
- Prevents your data from leaking, protecting your company from great damage.
- Stay current with your technology efforts so you don’t fall behind the competition!
Integrating AI Managed Cyber Security Solutions from Computers Nationwide
As we’ve seen in major data breaches and ransomware attacks these past few years, no one is safe from evolving threats. So what’s the secret to continuity and resilience in today’s tumultuous digital climate? It’s crucial for businesses to adopt AI cyber security solutions in order to protect valuable data and assets! This will not only guarantee maximum uptime, but also protect confidential information and your company’s reputation.
The increasing sophistication of cyber attacks means that traditional security measures no longer make the cut. What worked ten years ago is now considered obsolete. AI solutions can provide real-time threat detection and response, as well as automated incident response, reducing the risk of data breaches and other cyber attacks. Plus, AI can help identify patterns and anomalies in network activity, enabling businesses to be proactive in identifying potential threats before they become a problem.
Let us help you protect your bottom line by implementing the latest cyber security solutions! Your SMB will gain a competitive advantage by demonstrating a commitment to data privacy and security. It is time for businesses of all kinds to embrace the power of AI and take their cyber security to the next level. When you partner with CN, your workplace will have peace of mind knowing our experts and innovative tech can detect any vulnerabilities, gap any holes in your security, and install modern cybersecurity solutions for long-term success.